Mobile Phone Safety Facts
Use the following methods when using your mobile to protect your well being.
- Keep your handsets, if possible, at least 2 to 7 inches away from your head or use loudspeaker mode. It decreases the transmission of electro-magnetic radiation to the brain significantly.
- Don’t keep you mobile close to your head when sleeping. Switch it off in the night or keep it 6 feet away from your head.
- Don’t use your mobile if you are pregnant. The developing organs of the fetus or child are the most sensitive to any possible effects of electromagnetic radiation (EMR) exposure.
- Avoid using mobile in ‘metal containers’ like vehicles, elevators and any other type of metal container as it increases the EMR.
- Avoid using the wired headsets. If you do use headsets use an air tube headset with ferrite beads. Bluetooth are better as they emit 1/100th the EMR of a normal mobile
- With regular headsets you can get 3 times more EMR than if you hold the mobile against your ear.
- Keep your mobile away from newborns. EMR travels through children’s brains much more easily due to thinner skulls and hence increases the risk of cancer.
- Avoid putting your mobile in your pant pocket – as radiation can affect your fertility.
- When buying a mobile – look for one with low SAR or Specific Absorption Rate. Lower the SAR number the better.
Excerpted from the Internet